Beans are a super healthy affordable food. High in antioxidants, fiber, protein and many vitamins, eating beans regularly may decrease the risk of many diseases and helps with weight management. Here is an easy recipe that can be used as a main or side dish.
- 1 can (14oz) white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (14oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (10oz), Rotel Diced Tomatoes and Green Chillies
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 medium onion
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp ground basil
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- Drain and rinse the white beans and pour in to a large bowl.
- Drain and rinse the black beans and pour in to the bowl.
- Pour the can of Rotel tomatoes in to the bowl.
- In a food processor, mince the celery, garlic and onion.
- Pour contents in to the bowl.
- Stir bowl contents until mixed.
- Add the red wine vinegar, basil, cumin, pepper and salt. Stir to mix.
- Juice the limes in to the bowl. Stir to mix.
- Refrigerate for about 30 minutes before serving.
- When serving, add cilantro to garnish.
- Serve as a side dish with fish or chicken or as a nutritious main dish.