The health benefits of salmon have been well documented. High in many nutrients and low in carbs, it is a great supper dish. Here is an easy recipe that takes less than 30 minutes to prepare. I use bagged salad mix for convenience (make sure you wash it before use) and my oranges of choice are navels. Enjoy.
1.5 lbs. fresh salmon
1 tbsp dijon mustard
2 tbsp cilantro, chopped
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
3 cloves garlic, minced
0.5 tsp salt
0.5 tsp black pepper
1 bag or container salad mix, your choice
2 medium tomatoes, chopped
1 ounce almonds, crushed
2 medium oranges
- Preheat the oven to 450F.
- Prepare the sauce by combining the mustard, olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Stir and mix together. Set aside.
- Empty the salad mix bag in to a salad spinner.
- Wash, spin and then pour in to a large salad bowl.
- Add the tomatoes and almonds to the salad bowl.
- Peel the oranges. Take 1 and a half of the oranges, cube and add to the salad. Set aside the other half orange.
- Grease a lined oven tray with non-stick spray.
- Cut salmon in to 6oz fillets.
- Place salmon, skin side down, on the oven tray.
- Brush the top and sides of fillets liberally with the prepared sauce.
- When the oven temperature is 450F, place tray in oven and bake salmon for 12-14 minutes.
- Once baked, plate salmon.
- Cut the remaining half orange in to 4 slices and serve with salmon.
- If salad dressing is needed, use the dressing of your choice. A vinaigrette would work well.