In cold weather, we often gravitate to oatmeal as a hot, filling breakfast. As an alternative, next time consider quinoa – a gluten-free, high protein plant food that contain all nine essential amino acids.
As a time saver, I like to use leftover quinoa from last night’s supper. It reheats easily in a few minutes. Dressed with eggs, spinach, tomato and strawberries, it makes for a nutritious start to the day.
Look forward to hearing your thoughts on this delicious dish.
Breakfast Quinoa Bowl (serves 1)
1 cups cooked quinoa
Tomato – sliced or diced
Spinach – 4 to 5 leaves
4 medium strawberries
- Heat the cooked Quinoa in a microwavable bowl for 2-3 minutes.
- Heat a non-stick skillet at medium high heat
- Spray the skillet with on-stick spray
- After skillet is hot add eggs
- Cook to your preference. For “over easy” turn the eggs over after when the egg white becomes opaque.
- In a breakfast bowl, spoon in the quinoa
- Cover with eggs
- Garnish with spinach, tomato and strawberries